BEST QUOTES ON WAR, PEACE, PACIFISM- ALBERT EINSTEIN

QUOTES BY ALBERT EINSTEIN ON WAR, PEACE, PACIFISM:

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

"Only through perils and upheavals 

can Nations be brought to further developments.
 May the present upheavals lead to a better world."

"I made one great mistake in my life, when I signed the letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made."

"My pacifism is not based on any intellectual theory but on a deep antipathy to every form of cruelty and hatred."

"Every man has a right over his own life and war destroys lives that were full of promise."

"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace."

"Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war." 

"The goal of pacifism is possible only though a supranational organization. To stand unconditionally for this cause is the criterion of true pacifism."

"We must begin to inculcate our children against militarism by educating them in the spirit of pacifism. Our schoolbooks glorify war and conceal it’s horror. I would teach peace rather than war."

"Today, in twelve countries, young men are resisting conscription and refusing military service. They are the pioneers of a warless world."

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism – how passionately I hate them!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

"There will be no peace on earth, the wounds inflicted by the war will not heal, until this internationalism is restored."

"The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one."

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking… the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."

"I appeal to all men and women, whether they be eminent or humble, to declare that they will refuse to give any further assistance to war or the preparation of war."

"I am not only a pacifist, but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace… Is it not better for a man to die for a cause in which he believes, such as peace, than to suffer for a cause in which he does not believe, such as war?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakira's Speech : Education Changes the World :

Muniba Mazari Speech: We all are Perfectly Imperfect

Sindhutai Sapkal - a ‘mother’ to over 1400 homeless children.